Enjoyment Work theme for Jekyll
Enjoyment Work is an academic / research-focused theme that provides extensive features for note-taking and personal growth. It is based off of the Digital Garden philosophy, which you can read more about on the demo site
The next step for Enjoyment Work is to properly configure the syntax required to work with Obsidian, a powerful knowledge base that works on top of a local folder of plain text Markdown files. Which would ultimately allow somebody to turn their Obsidian notes into an online blog by simply using the
Here are a few interesting features of this Jekyll theme:
- A fully customizable and empty
_BLANK_config.ymlto make getting up-and-running easy.
- A speedy, on-site search function using Simply Jekyll Search.
- Custom collections for different types of material (note-taking, journal writing, etc.)
- An auto-generating
/archivepage that displays all entries from all collections.
- Breadcrumbs for improved navigation and SEO.
- Having a
_pagescollection for easier organization.
- An author bio at the end of each post. (Located in
- Full Rouge support for syntax highlighting. (Currently using
- Auto-generated RSS feed, sitemap, accessibility features, and search-engine optimization.
- Creates backlinks to other notes automatically
- Context menu on feed to instantly see related posts and backlinks
- Supports Roam-style double bracket link syntax to other notes
- On hover page previews
- Features a simple and responsive design
- Supports Markdown or HTML notes